Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Not a Shack.

I expected Salt Life Food Shack to be more, well, shack-like. The atmosphere is, instead, more beachy-but-upscale. The food is mid-range in price and the servers are beach girls, dressed more decently than Hooters girls, but meant to be eye-candy just the same.

I ordered the soft shell crab BLT. It includes a whole soft crab, two slices of crispy bacon, tomato slices, some shredded lettuce and a po' boy type sauce between ciabatta. It was the prep of the crab, the quality of the bread and the sauce that launched the sandwich into awesome.

Can't say the same of the sushi tuna roll I ordered, but I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to sushi.

My dining companion ordered their burger, which he declared tasty.

I do want to go back and explore more of their more expensive dinner options. As long as you aren't freaked out by the prospect of a whole soft shell crab in your sandwich, I do highly recommend the soft shell blt for lunch.

Lunch for two, with a sushi roll, a burger, soft shell blt and two non-alkie drinks came to just over $29 before tip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a little bit precious, and a lot of "tries too hard to be hip."

Epicurean Jax said...

It does try too hard to be hip. But at least they're trying. Could it be a reflection of Jacksonville Beach culture?