Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Kitchen on San Marco

I've got a crush and it's going to keep me coming back to The Kitchen on San Marco. No, it's not one of their severs (though every single one has been adorable and charming) and it isn't the blue-eyed and food-passionate Chef Ryan. It's the beet salad.

Once, I was under the misapprehension that I didn't like beets. Most people, having only experienced the slimy, neglected pickled things that get thrown on to a salad probably feel the same way, but beets are a root veggie that benefits from the right kind of TLC. Here in Jacksonville the various preparations I've seen have made me into a beet cheerleader. (I'm going to take this time to recommend the beet fries from the food truck Funkadelic if you haven't tried those).

The crush-worthy beet salad at Kitchen on San Marco is mostly beets, some creamy goat cheese, vinaigrette, and leafy greens. Simple. Delicious.

No comments: