Thursday, July 12, 2007

Where to get your Fishes!


I mostly eat fish when I go out, buying the occasional fillet at the market when the mood strikes. Because I don't buy fresh fish on a regular basis, I don't really know where to go--

Or I didn't, until I found Safe Harbor in Mayport.

Jacksonville tends to get a little compartmentalized, so not everybody is going to know about this place if they don't live in the area. If you live more than 20 minutes away, just grab a cooler to stick your fish in for the ride home.

Not only is it a great fish market, with shrimp right off the trawlers, they also have an informal restaurant that cooks up scallops, salmon, grouper, shrimp and all the essential underwater yummies in all kinds of preparations.

I'd say, if you haven't ever been over to Mayport, take a trip there this weekend. Go to Safe Harbor, enjoy the lunch and take home some fresh fish!

Safe Harbor Seafood Market. 4378 Ocean St Ste 3 Atlantic Beach, FL 32233


Market hours: Mon-Thu 9pm-5:30pm & Fri-Sat 9am-6pm

Marina Restaurant Mon-Sat 10am-8pm

No comments: