Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lovely Lamb

Maybe I love too many things. Lamb is one of them.

Here's a Lamb recipe I put together this past weekend. If you're an exact sort that craves 1/2 teaspoon measurements, go back to baking. This recipe is for cooks, not bakers, and honestly as long as you keep the lamb from burning and don't over marinade, you should be fine! Leave behind your fear of guestimation. You'll feel so free.

I used bone-in Australian blade chops.

I marinaded them in a mixture of pomegranate cherry juice, raspberry blush vinaigrette, roasted red peppers, rosemary and some left over bacon. (You can marinade from 1-4 hours.)

I took some pistachios and ground them up almost to a paste and tossed in some freshly grated garlic, sesame oil, finely chopped fresh rosemary and a few pieces of the roasted red pepper from the marinade to form a sort of tasty crust. Then I broiled it according to the package instructions.

Then my smoke alarm went off.

The lamb was not in the least burned, but I have an incredibly sensitive smoke alarm, which starts going off the moment I even think of frying bacon or broiling anything.

There are no pictures because we ate them. And they were very good and tender too.

No comments: