Wednesday, July 8, 2009

At the Metro Diner



So far I've gotten a few good suggestions on Jacksonville classic must-eats. Of course because I'm a food writer, I've been to most of them and tried most of the items, but there are gaps.

Here's my list so far of what I haven't tried: Angie's Peruvian Sub, the Veggie Rider at The Goal Post and The Metro Diner.

So my question is, what should I try first at the Metro Diner? Mainly I've heard good things about the pancakes and something called the big fish sandwich.

2 comments:

01001111 said...

I haven't tried a wide variety of items there but I quite enjoyed the breakfast burrito and the eggs benedict (although I have nothing to compare the later to since, I'm ashamed to admit, it was my sole experience with the dish).

If you happen to have been raised in the North or have a penchant for weird foods then you might want to order the creamed chipped beef which my wife and father-in-law compulsively order every single time we go.

Epicurean Jax said...

Yikes. Creamed chipped beef...yarf. My dad used to pile it on English Muffins. Good to know it's a go to item for those that like it.