Monday, July 13, 2009

Movie Foods Party


This Saturday the Jax Foodies Club will be holding a Movie Dish party. Basically we will be cooking something inspired by a movie. My inspiration is Clemenza from The Godfather. The book gives a detailed description of the stuff that's cooked in the movie.

According to a rather obsessive Godfather site that I'm grateful for, this is Clemenza's recipe which he cooks for everyone after the Don is shot:

Clemenza's sauce recipe: Start with a little oil, and fry some garlic. Add the tomatoes and tomato paste, and fry. Be sure it doesn't stick. When boiling, add the sausages and meatballs. Add some red wine and sugar.

I rarely cook straight-up Italian, so for me it's kind of exotic. Mainly I stick to Thai. I've always loved how Clemenza cooked for them in the book. It's always been a favorite moment for me.

Maybe I'm obessed with food (hence the blog) because I also love the scene in the book with Sonny and his mother cooking peppers.

Anyone else have any favorite movie or literature moments involving food?

No comments: