Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pepper Palace, St. Augustine

Whenever I'm in St. Augustine, I always pop into the Pepper Palace to freshen my supply of datil pepper. Of course that's not the only form of hotness they carry. For the real pepper-heads, they carry some of the hottest hot sauces you can find. The folks who work there are knowledgeable and eager to spread the datil gospel.

While there I also picked up some of Pepper Palace's spice blends. So far I've tried the tequila seasoning (sea salt, chili powder, tequila, rosemary, lime, citric acid...) which is gangbusters on any kind of whitefish.

I like to toss veggies in the Old St. Augustine Sweet Heat Barbecue Sauce (sweet peppers and onions) and roast them in the oven.

I've still got two more spice blends to try out. When I do, I'll post recipes for them!

For those of you who can't make the trip to St. Augustine, don't worry, there are multiple locations and, best of all, a website.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Thanks for coming into the Pepper Palace!! Your veggies sound divine!